CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

My ramblings...

A few more hours and we're leaving! I should be finishing packing but I get too overwhelmed too easily...so I'm taking a break :) again. I haven't really had time to think much about my trip tomorrow. I haven't even had time to get nervous yet. School has kept me busy. But now that I'm thinking, I have a few concerns.

One of the major things I'm worried about is the language barrier. We're staying with a spanish speaking family. Emma is pretty much fluent, so that's good. However, as for me, not so much. I'm minoring in Spanish, but I haven't taken many courses. I hope that I can communicate with the children effectively. I know they say "actions speak louder than words," but I still wish I could speak with them a lot! But a small language problem won't get in the way with God's plans; if He's got one, He's gonna make it work out without anything coming in the way...I guess I just have to have faith. such a simple word, but such a hard concept for me. ha, story of my life. Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I need to believe that! I want God to use us, just to show his love, no matter what. Despite all my flaws, that He would still somehow show through me.


There's this awesome Bethany Dillon song. Part of the lyrics are :
"Oh Jesus, You became what was my deepest shame
That at Your very name
My calloused heart would change
How could You, oh perfect One
Love me, when I have done nothing that's worthy of
My freedom You have won

Oh wonderful love, You died for me
The power of Your life is in me

Father, let Your light shine down on me
Father, let Your light shine down on me
No matter what the day or night may bring
Father, let Your light shine down on me" That's what I'm praying tonight...

For anyone who's reading this blog, if you could keep us in your prayers for safety traveling and just that what we do will be to glorify God (Psalm 115--Not to us, O LORD, not to us,but to your name be the glory,because of your love and faithfulness.), and that nothing will come in the way of what God has in store for us.
Thank you so much for your support!

--Megan

0 comments: